I use a personal approach to ensure my clients maximize their current interests while planning for the future.
Fulvio joined Dunphy Best Blocksom in 1994 and conducts a business and estate-oriented practice.
He brings extensive experience in the areas of business law, corporate restructuring, mergers & acquisitions, commercial transactions, trusts, banking, mental incapacity and estate planning & administration.
Fulvio is committed to teaching and mentoring the newest members of the profession. He is an instructor for the Bar Admission Course (CPLED) and has instructed at the University of Calgary Law School.
Fulvio is a member of the DBB Articling Committee and coordinates the in-house training program. He has completed his training as a collaborative lawyer and is an appointed executive member of the Wills and Trusts subsection of the Canadian Bar Association.
Fulvio is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) with a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation.
Fulvio enjoys presenting to organizations large and small on topics relevant to individuals and entrepreneurs, including:
- Buying and Selling a Business
- Estate and Disability Planning
- Succession of Family Held Businesses
- Proper Use of Trusts
- Duties and Responsibilities When Acting as a Personal Representative
- Director and Officer Liability
- Private Lending and Security
- The Use of Shareholders Agreements in Privately Held Corporations
- Protection of the Elderly and Vulnerable Individuals
EducationUniversity of Alberta, LL.B., 1994
University of Calgary, Political Science, BA, 1990
Called to the BarAlberta - 1995
- Business Contracts
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Matters
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate
- Elder Law
- Member, Canadian Bar Association – Wills and Trusts and Business Law
- Member, STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Member, Collaborative Estate and Trust Lawyers Society of Alberta
- Contributor. Estate planning: how much does the cat really need? Seminar Series.
- Member. Steering Committee for the Wills and Estates Practice Manual. The Legal Education Society of Alberta. 2016.
- Durante, F. Dying while separated. Legal Education Society. 2006.
- Durante, F. The elderly and the legal process. Legal Education Society of Alberta Panel on Elder Law. 2004.
- Durante, F. So you think you own your company. Entrepreneurial C.A.’s of Calgary. 2000.