I am committed to providing quality legal services and working with clients to resolve disputes in the most expeditious and cost-effective manner.
Beth is a partner in Dunphy Best Blocksom’s civil litigation and dispute resolution team. She joined the firm in 2015 after articling with and then working as counsel at a large multi-national law firm in its civil litigation group for a number of years.
Beth maintains a diverse civil litigation practice, and specializes in advising clients with respect to construction litigation, including builders’ liens, contractual disputes, especially in the oil and gas and real estate contexts, shareholder disputes, and collections. Beth has appeared at all levels of the Alberta courts and has acted as counsel in numerous arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes.
Beth is committed to the provision of pro bono legal services. She is a former Director and Executive Committee member of Calgary Legal Guidance. She has also been a volunteer at Student Legal Assistance and Pro Bono Law Alberta.
Beth graduated from the University Calgary Faculty of Law in 2008, obtaining Dean’s List standing in all three years of law school. During law school, Beth was very involved with Student Legal Assistance and appeared on numerous occasions before the Alberta Courts in that capacity.
Beth enjoys spending time with her family outside, especially in the mountains. She is also a cook, a yogi, a traveller, and an avid reader.
EducationUniversity of Calgary, LLB, 2008
University of British Columbia, BA Psychology, 2003
Called to the BarAlberta - 2009
- Corporate/commercial litigation
- Contract disputes
- Construction litigation, including builders’ liens
- Real estate litigation
- Oil and gas litigation
- Shareholder disputes
- Private international law
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Young Women in Energy
- Dean’s List standing in all 3 years of law school (top 10 in year)
- John D. Petrie Memorial Bursary in Law – 2007
- Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer Bursary for Outstanding Academic Achievement – 2006
- Robert C. Carson Memorial Bursary – 2006
- Golden Key International Honours Society Admittance – 2003