DBB lawyers rapel 32 storeys for Easter Seals
October 6, 2014
A number of DBB “superhero” lawyers took to the sky early September rappelling down one of downtown Calgary’s tallest buildings to raise funds for Easter Seals’ efforts to help Albertans with physical disabilities.
DBB’s Gord Sterchi and Fulvio Durante were part of the Above the Law team, which also included staff and lawyers from WK Family Law. Each lawyer rappelled down 32 floors of the Sun Life Building as part of the Easter Seals Drop Zone fundraiser.
All participants were trained and guided by rappelling experts.
“This was a natural fit for our team,” Sterchi said. “Easter Seals offers vital support for children and adults living with disabilities. We were thrilled to be part of this special cause and unique fundraiser.”
DBB “superheroes” could be recently be spotted rappelling from one of downtown Calgary’s tallest buildings
The funds raised from the Easter Seals’ Drop Zone will provide:
- mobility equipment like scooters, power wheelchairs, home adaptations and communication devices,
- barrier-free, independent living for adults at Easter Seals McQueen Residence,
- fully accessible, recreational experiences at Easter Seals Camp Horizon,
- services & programs promoting independent living and educational success; reaching over 1,500+ students in 28 different high schools who will learn about life with a disability through the Speakers in Schools program, and
- post-secondary financial assistance to students with disabilities and special needs.
DBB strongly believes in supporting causes such as the Easter Seals as well as other important community initiatives.