I give my clients straightforward, no nonsense advice so that they can weigh all their options.
Gillian practices exclusively in the area of family law. Gillian is a former partner and former managing partner of the firm.
Gillian joined the firm in 1999 as an award-winning graduate from the Faculty of Law, University of Calgary. She left the firm 16 years later in December 2014 to live in London, U.K. and to travel. In January 2020, Gillian returned to the practice of family law at the firm. Gillian has a great dedication to client satisfaction and her travels have given her a renewed enthusiasm for the practice of law.
Gillian has a keen interest in volunteer work, both in the legal realm and in the community generally. Gillian’s volunteer activities have included evaluating students at the Bar Admission course, providing legal advice at the Women’s Centre, mentoring students and junior lawyers with the University of Calgary’s Pro Bono Law Program and Student Legal Services. Gillian’s love of hockey led her to become a Calgary Flames Ambassador, participating in fundraising for the Flames Foundation for Life and other charities.
A fitness enthusiast, Gillian was an instructor and consultant for the Banker’s Hall Club, the Glencoe Club, the City of Calgary, the Winter Club, Shell Canada and World Health. Gillian’s fitness interests have expanded to include boogie boarding, stand up paddle boarding, skiing, snowshoeing and hiking.
EducationUniversity of Calgary, LL.B., 1999
Called to the BarAlberta - 2000
- Family Law
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Alberta Law Foundation Scholarship
- Calgary Bar Association Wills and Estates Subsection, "Separate and Apart" v. "Till Death Us Do Part" - The Effect of Separation Agreements in Dependant Relief Applications".
- Legal Education Society of Alberta Family Law Refresher Conference-2001, "Re-examining Spousal Support" with Patricia L. Blocksom, Q.C. and Rhoda I Dobler.